dorothy louise west Smith
REFUGIO — Dorothy Louise West Smith, 90,of Corpus Christi, died July 15, 2021. She at last has been united with her Lord and loved ones who were waiting for her in Heaven. She was born on March 29,1931, in Refugio, Texas, to James M. and Lizzie F. (Birmingham) West. She married the love of her life on September 8, 1951 in Refugio, Texas. She loved her family, church, and strangers that she met. She was an excellent seamstress. Always willing to help her children. She loved to cook and enjoyed feeding others. Dorothy is survived by her daughters, Dorothy Alene McDaniel of Wichita, Kansas and Carolyn Darlene Looney of Center, Colorado, son Alfred Cecil Smith Jr. of Klamath Falls, Oregon, seven grandchildren and eight great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Alfred Cecil Smith, and middle daughter Joy Gaylene Pickens. Funeral arrangements are being handled by Moore Funeral Home in Refugio, Texas. Services will be Monday,July 26th at 2pm. Burial will be immediately after the service at Oakwood Cemetery.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Longtime owners asking $4.25 million for Port O'Connor Fishing Center
- Record-breaking rains threaten local crops
- Authorities: Man found dead alongside rural Victoria County ID'd as Mexican national
- Blotter: Pursuit in Yoakum results in bailout in rural Lavaca County
- Faith Academy's Lemke promoted to athletic director
- First English Lutheran Church's pastor returning to city where his ministry started
- UPDATED: House in southwest Victoria County destroyed by fire
- Victoria man sentenced to 99 years in prison
- Victoria East Senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- Former Yoakum football star arrested on murder charge