E.W. “Mike” Kandis
LA VERNIA — E.W.”Mike” Kandis, passed away Sunday, September 19, 2021, at his home in La Vernia, Texas, surrounded by his loving family. Mike was born on August 22, 1946, in Victoria, Texas to William James Kandis and Helen (Glaros) Kandis.
Mike is survived by his loving wife of over 41 years, Margo (Richter) Kandis; children, Michele Gray (Alan), William “Willie” James Kandis (Catherine), Karisha Spencer (Joshua); grandchildren, Zachary and Kade Gray, and Kaitlyn and Kristie Kandis; siblings, John Kandis (Lynette), Cathe Kandis; numerous nieces, nephews, other loving family and friends. He is preceded in death by his parents, and brother James William “Jimmy” Kandis.
A visitation with family and friends will take place at Finch Funeral Chapel, La Vernia from 5 pm - 8pm at Finch Funeral Chapel on Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Finch Funeral Chapel
13767 Hwy 87
La Vernia, TX 78121
Fr. Stelios and Al Boos will officiate the services with interment immediately following at Concrete Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Warrior’s Weekend at www.warriorsweekend.org
The online guestbook may be signed at www.finchfuneralchapels.com.
- Major river flooding along Guadalupe forecast in Victoria, Bloomington
- Former Victoria County deputy pleads guilty to invasive recording charge
- Calhoun runs off with district win over Tuloso-Midway
- Letter: Governor Abbott never stops working to protect Texans
- Kenedy vs. La Villa stats
- Cowboys Hall of Famer shares football experiences
- Blotter: Clothing stolen from pickup in Victoria
- Blotter: Victoria man arrested on drug charges
- Calhoun County Humane Society facility completed after years of construction, fundraising
- Bible verse - Isaiah Isa.5:25-26; quote by Arthur Golden