Edward “Ed” Ray Miller
GANADO — Ed Miller, at he age of 96, went home to be with his Lord on Friday, July 30, 2021. Ed was born on January 24, 1925 in Gonzales County to Louis and Jesse Miller. Ed married the love of his life in 1949, Ileta Faye Rose, and together they raised their daughter, Cleo “Genelle” Miller. Ed worked for Alcoa in Port Lavaca for thirty years, he retired in 1981. Ed is survived by his wife of 72 years, Ileta “Faye” Rose Miller, his daughter Genelle Moore, and six nieces and five nephews. He has been preceded in death by his parents, and his four sisters, Ruby Parker, Lola English, Maggie Smith, and Lily Montgomery. There will be a visitation on Monday, August 2nd from 5:pm to 7:pm at Ganado Funeral Home Chapel. Services will begin with a visitation on Tuesday, August 3rd, at 9:am followed by the funeral service at 10:am at First Baptist Church of Ganado with Pastor Ryan Carpenter officiating. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that memorial contributions be sent to First Baptist Church of Ganado, P.O.Box 385 Ganado, TX 77962. Services have been entrusted to Russell Todish of Ganado Funeral Home 800 S. Third St. Ganado, TX 77962, 361-771-2120.
- The science behind land development
- Bible verse - Romans Rom.8:13-15; quote by Bruce Lipton
- 321 new COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths reported in Crossroads
- Year after seafood market plummets, local shrimpers still struggling
- "#JusticeForJacque": Community calls for change after dog that bit woman's face is euthanized (w/ video)
- Navarro beats the clock, Cuero on final drive
- Nature Notes: Fun facts about hummingbirds
- Vanished from Victoria: Dr. J. F. Krenek house, 607 N. Main St.
- Nixon-Smiley vs. Charlotte
- Blotter: Stabbing reported at Victoria gas station, no arrests