FRANCES HARTMANN YORKTOWN - Frances Hartmann, 102, of Yorktown passed away on Fri. Nov. 15, 2019. She was born March 11, 1917 in Meyersville to the late August and Francis (Franke) Duderstadt. She graduated in 1935 from Yorktown High School as Valedictorian. After graduation she attended Texas Lutheran College where she also graduated as Valedictorian and received her Bachelors of Arts degree. Her first teaching job was at Weser Country School and also taught at La Vernia ISD. She wrote a book about the Duderstadt family genealogy and also a 50 year book of Yorktown's history. She married the love of her life Kurt Hartmann on Aug. 26, 1940. She is survived by her children Carolyn, Ruth, Kurt (Ethel) and Emily. She is also survived by six grandchildren and seven great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her parents, husband Rev. Kurt Hartmann and two brothers. Visitation 10-11 am Wed. Nov. 20, 2019 with Funeral Service following at 11 am at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Interment to follow at St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery. Reception following at St. Paul Lutheran fellowship hall. Memorials may be given to TX Lutheran University: Kurt and Frances Hartmann scholarship fund, St. Paul Lutheran Church or donor's choice. You are invited to sign the online guest book at www.masseyfh.com
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Two defendants accused in beer bottle stabbing death cleared of charges
- Longtime sheriff’s deputy files to run for commissioner seat in GOP race
- Yoakum police search for suspect in family-dispute shooting
- First family to move into Hope Meadows in time for holidays
- Area couple named chamber's outstanding citizens of the year at annual luncheon
- Refugio attempts to take next step
- Stevenson unit correctional officer who injured inmate recommended for firing
- Blotter: AR pistol and magazine stolen from car
- City takes first step toward new agreement for internet services
- Man arrested on arson charge in Oak Forest Apartments fire