HARVEY MARTIN WISE TIVOLI - Harvey Martin Wise, 94, passed away Wednesday, May 15, 2019. He was born October 1, 1924 in Robstown to the late Ernest E. and Elsie Hersek Wise. Harvey served his country in the United States Navy during World War II. He was a retired farmer and a member of the Methodist Church. Survivors include his wife, Willodine Glover Wise; sons, Bruce Wise (Rita) of Tivoli, and Dennis Wise (Jan) of Victoria; sisters, Dorothy Wilson of Ingleside and Jean Parker of Pearland; brother, Glenn Wise of Port Lavaca; four grandchildren, Kerie Wise, Stacey Johnson (Jeremy), Ben Wise (Emily) and Travis Wise (Jessica); five great-grandchildren, Garrett Leita, Anakin Johnson, Zachary Wise, Aeris Wise and Everett Wise. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by a son, Gerald Wise. Visitation will be from 6-7 pm Sunday, May 19, 2019 at Rosewood Funeral Chapels. Graveside services with full military honors under the auspices of the Calhoun County Veterans Association will be at 11 am Monday, May 20, 2019 at Tivoli Cemetery with Rev. Marcos Gohlke officiating. Memorials may be made to the Tivoli Cemetery Association or a charity of the donor's choice. Share condolences at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
- Substitute fired for making pornographic videos at high school; no evidence found of a crime
- 28-year-old sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing Victoria man in 2016
- Internal investigation finds Port Lavaca police officer was justified in killing dog
- Judge gives 10 years for Houston man who robbed Victoria dealership
- Delivery truck crashes on Parsons Road
- Miss Victoria pageant to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Exterminator removes beehive after man's death
- Land purchase could mean new event center in Calhoun County
- Self-proclaimed millennial: Basic rights are not gifts
- Floatfest's first year in Gonzales delayed until 2020
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!