Hubbard Kavanaugh Gayle III
Hubbard (Hub) Kavanaugh Gayle III passed away from a lengthy illness with Alzheimer’s on 11- 24-2020. He was a graduate of St. Joseph’s High School where he played football then attended Victoria College and subsequently completed a tour of duty in the Navy. He spent most of his life in Encinidas, CA where he was employed by Hitachi Data Systems for a number of years until his retirement.
He is survived by his wife Bernice of 54 years. He is preceded in death by his parents Hub and Loretta Margaret Gayle, as well as his brother William Yaeger Gayle. He is survived by his wife Bernice, sisters Susan Gayle Tucek and Patricia Gayle Vertovec, brothers Joseph O’Brien Gayle and Stephen Michael Gayle.
Always as avid sportsman, Hub enjoyed hunting and fishing and he organized and enjoyed many annual, international deep sea fishing trips with friends and family.
Following the country’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be a funeral and burial in Praha, TX with family and close friends.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- 222 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths reported in the Crossroads
- Murder trial postponed; plaintiff in federal lawsuit withdraws restraining order
- 'Its getting worse': COVID-19 hospitalizations in Crossroads continue to rise
- Shiner police chief resigns
- Defending state champion Shiner looks ahead
- Gross, No. 1 Refugio stay focused on end goal
- Victoria Police Department hires second deputy chief
- Tigerettes set eyes on return to state
- A federal lawsuit was filed against top Victoria County law enforcement officials. Here is what we know so far
- Teachers prepare for back to school