HUNTER ZANE SMITH INEZ - Hunter Zane Smith, 12, of Inez received his wings June 7, 2019 with his family by his side. He made this world a little brighter on November 13, 2006 when he was born in Victoria, TX to Adam and Valerie Smith. Hunter loved hunting, fishing, playing baseball, horses, snorkeling, watching movies, hanging out at the ranch, beach combing and riding the 4- wheeler with his brother, Gavin. He had an old soul when it came to his love of listening to Johnny Cash, collecting coins, bird watching, spending time at the cabin, being with family and playing dominoes. He was always inquisitive and wanting to learn. To know Hunter, was to love Hunter. He is survived by his parents, Adam and Valerie Smith of Inez; brother, Gavin R. Smith of Inez; grandparents, Susan and Charles Surber of Burnet, Ellen and Wayne Brumback of La Grange, and Mike Smith of Port Lavaca, "bonus" grandmother Punkie Hewlett; great-grandmother, Doris Smith of LaPorte; Aunts and Uncles: Clint and Nicole Surber, Lesa Surber, Bonnie and Patrick Denison, Brett Smith, Allie and Brian Crenshaw, Sarah and Jared Bryant, Martha Brumback, Peter and Ana Brumback, Michael and Yuki Brumback. Cousins: Cody, Dylan and Levi Surber, Charlie Dennison, Henry Crenshaw, Brooks, Chance and Emery Bryant and Evan Brumback. Hunter was blessed with a large loving extended family and many friends. He was preceded in death by his great-grandparents; Betty M. Hansen, Roy and Vee Swanson and Carlos Smith. A Celebration of Hunter's Life will be held on Sunday, June 16, 2019 from 5-7 p.m. at the Inez Community Center in Inez, Texas. Funeral Mass will be Monday, June 17, 2019 at 9 am at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Inez with Father Tommy Chen officiating. Burial will follow in Olivia Cemetery. Pallbearers are Brian Anderson, Mark Hahn, Scott Hartl, Matt McCauley, Garrett O'Donnell and Jim Tobola. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Hunter Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o First State Bank of Louise, 4805 N. John Stockbauer, Victoria, TX 77904. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com
- Calhoun County officials gather on storage business property
- Woman identified, arrested in Monday's stabbing incident
- Fatal Goliad shooting investigation still in early stages
- Harbor Hospice helps Victoria couple celebrate love they never thought they would find (w/video)
- John Jefferson: Lightning strikes twice
- Police seek information after stolen truck driven through building
- Woman still in critical condition after fatal Goliad shooting
- Bink Grimes: Calm winds allow surf to green
- Financial burden of cancer treatment adds to strain of diagnosis for Victoria patients
- Victoria County expects to demolish 30 homes in buyout program
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!