James E. “Jim” Woods
VICTORIA — Victoria - James E. “Jim” Woods, 87, passed away on Friday, November 13, 2020.
Jim was born March 2, 1933, in San Antonio, Texas to Homer Lemuel Woods & Elizabeth Victoria Watzlavlick. He married Mildred M. Seitz Smith on August 5, 1963, in Gonzales, Texas. Jim was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church.
Jim was a medic with the U.S. Navy during the Korean War from 1950-1953. He was the District Manager for American General Insurance for over 30 years. He was also an active member of the Rotary Club for many years & was recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow. He passionately supported the children’s vaccination program “Shots Across Texas”.
He was preceded in death by parents, brothers, Robert & Tom, his sister, Elizabeth Rice, his wife of 50 years, Mildred “Pinka” Woods & great grandson, Edward John Janota, II.
Jim is survived by his ex-wife, Barbara Magee, children; Vicki (Tim) Eaton, Susan Woods, Deborah Janota, Rox (Milton) Slaughter, James E. (Vanessa) Woods, Jr.; grandchildren, April (Jimmy) Driscoll, Travis & Trevor Eaton, Amber (Madison) Mahaffey, Cameron Chou, Kimberly Nelson, Daniel E. “DJ” Janota II, Chelsea (Raymond) Hill, Aaron Slaughter, and Lindsey Woods; great-grandchildren, Bailey Raab, Harley Driscoll, Koda Eaton, Alexis & Austin Wilkison, Antonio & Aidan Vega, Kaydence Mahaffey, Macee Aiden Murphy & Reva Janota, Rhett & Charlotte Hill.
Following cremation, a private family interment will take place at a later date.
Memorial contributions can be made to the charity of your choice.
Words of comfort may be shared at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- TDCJ employee charged with having sex with supervised person
- Refugio's Parson determined to make mother proud
- Police arrest man in Victoria shooting case
- Dual threat QB Bures-Guerrero leading Ganado offense
- COVID-19 patients occupying 14.5 percent of Crossroads' hospital beds; 2 deaths reported in region
- Homecoming: Wounded veteran moves into Victoria County home, just in time for Thanksgiving
- Don't want to cook that turkey? Here is list of restaurants open
- Victoria crash sends two to hospital with minor injuries
- Ruth Williams leaves legacy of beautiful music, passionate instruction
- VISD high schools transition to remote learning