James R. “Bob” Palmer
VICTORIA — James R. “Bob” Palmer, 74, of Victoria, passed away on Saturday, June 5, 2021 in Victoria. He was born in Longview, Texas to the late Oscar and Lillian Pilzner Palmer on November 8, 1946. He graduated from Yoakum High School, and received an Associates Degree from Victoria College. Bob retired from Alcoa, where he worked as a Millwright. He served in the United States Army and was a member of the Army Reserves.
Bob is preceded in death by his parents, Oscar and Lillian Pilzner Palmer.
Bob is survived by his wife; Katherine Walston Palmer, daughters; Petula Workman and her husband Rusty, Laura Hall-Mills, and Lisa Theut and her husband Scott, grandchildren; Meghan (Kacey) Jones, Weston Hall (Alli Kutchka), Dylan Theut, Gracie Workman, and Tanner Workman, great-grandchildren; Brayden Jones, Logan Jones, and Hudson Jones, sisters; Mary (Paul) Beard, Judy (Darwin) Hempel, and Donna (Dennis) Blanton, and brothers; Larry (Ruby) Palmer and Calvin Palmer, all of whom will cherish his memory.
Visitation will be on Saturday, June 12, 2021 from 9-10 a.m., immediately followed by Funeral Service at 10 a.m., all at Rosewood Funeral Chapel. Officiating will be Pastor Paul Beard. Burial will be at 2:00 p.m. at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Yorktown.
Serving as Pallbearers will be Kacey Jones, Weston Hall, Dylan Theut, William Watkins, and Peter Beard.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given in his honor to the American Cancer Society, 2500 Fondren Road, Houston, Texas 77063, www.cancer.org, or to the American Heart Association, 10060 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, Texas 77054, www.americanheart.org.
Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Cuero man killed, passenger injured after one-vehicle crash in DeWitt County
- Blotter: Victoria woman arrested on human trafficking charge
- 2 arrested after two-hour standoff in Yoakum
- Victoria man wins $4K poker tournament to benefit Refugio schools
- 8-10 flee vehicle on foot, 1 detained after pursuit from Yorktown to Smiley
- Creativity, entrepreneurship flourish in one family
- Co-defendant in Goliad murder case accepts 20-year plea deal
- Down for the Count to perform at Schroeder Hall
- VISD offers summer meals to students, public
- COVID-19 rent aid available through state program