James S. Brock
VICTORIA — James S. Brock, age 72 passed away on Monday, October 5, 2020 in Victoria, Tx peacefully with his family by his side. James was born August 16, 1948 in Victoria, Tx to the late Ruby Gipson. James worked at The Corral restaurant for over 50 years. James accepted Christ at an early age at Palestine Baptist Church under Rev. Z. Broadus and later moved his membership to Morning Star with Rev. Frank Harvey.
James is survived by his wife, Vivian Brock, his sons, James Brock, Jr., Travis Brock and Curtis Pearson. His Daughter, Latania Colvin (Bryan), numerous grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. James is also survived by brothers Ronnie Gipson, Daniel Gipson, Keith Gipson and Stanford(Step) Gipson, (Linda).
James is preceded in death by his mother, Ruby Gipson and sister Bertha Gipson.
A visitation will be held on October 10, 2020 from 10:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m at Grace Memorial Chapel. Funeral Services will begin at 12:00 p.m. at Grace Memorial Chapel with Rev. Melvin Prince officiating.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Vehicle did not stop after fatally striking Victoria pedestrian
- 'From the ground up': Under new director, Lavaca County's EMS sees major changes
- Lavaca County peace officer named Texas' top chief deputy
- Emergency SNAP benefits announced statewide
- Police: Man attempted arson, murder by pouring gas on Hallettsville home with woman, children inside
- COVID-19 testing available Wednesday and Thursday in Victoria; tests not FDA-approved
- Upcoming Victoria parks master plan will engage residents, address all city parks
- Victoria County reports 8 new COVID-19 cases
- West sweeps East to continue win streak
- Victoria resident arrested after foot chase