JOE CHAVEZ VICTORIA - Joe Chavez passed away on September 7, 2019. He was born to the late Antonio and Josephine Chavez on February 29, 1940 in McFadden. Joe is survived by his wife Juanita Salas Chavez, daughter JoAnn Chavez Molina (Robert), Tonya McCravey, sons Joe Chavez Jr. (Sara) of Round Rock, Antonio Salas, sister Mary Jane Alacron, brothers Tony Jr., Isidro, and Wally Chavez, 13 Grandchildren and 3 Great Grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, sisters Mary Ann Canales, Mamie Nieto, Janie Lloya, and brother Raymond Chavez Sr.. Pallbearers are Gavin, Kolton Chavez (Grandsons) David Garcia 2nd (Grandson) Jose T. Garcia, Antonio Salas (Son) Naul Rodriguez. Visitation will be held September 11, 2019 at Heavens Gate Funeral Home from 12 noon to 7pm and a Rosary will start at 7pm. Service will be held at Our Lady of Sorrows September 12, 2019 at 1:00 pm, and burial will follow at Resurrection Cemetery. Heavens Gate Funeral Home, 361-573-2777.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- US Marshals arrest executive director of Hope Child Advocacy Center
- Fifth-generation rancher earns national award
- Aggies' Markert rewards former teacher, school
- Blotter: 18-year-old Victoria man charged with robbery
- Shot Inez man identified; investigation continues
- Symphony supporters get musical for fall fundraiser (w/video)
- UPDATE: Imelda brings heavy rain to Texas Coast
- Nave Museum to host rare retrospective exhibit of Madeline O'Connor's work
- Goliad County grand jury returns murder indictments for 2 accused of fatal shooting
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports