JOE CHAVEZ VICTORIA - Joe Chavez passed away September 9, 2019. He was born on February 29, 1940, in McFadden, to the late Antonio and Josephine Chavez. He retired from H.E.B. and worked at Alkek Grocery Store for 20 years. He is survived by his wife Juanita Salas Chavez, daughter JoAnn Chavez Molina (Robert), Tonya McCravey. Sons Joe Chavez Jr. (Sarah) of Redrock, Antonio Salas. Sister Mary Jane Alacron. Brothers Tony Chavez Jr., Isidro Chavez, Wally Chavez. 10 Grandchildren and 3 Great Grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, sisters Mary Ann Canales, Mamie Nieto and Janie Lloya, brother Raymond Chavez Sr. Pallbearers are Grandsons David Wayne Garcia II, Gaven Jacob Chavez, Kolton Chavez, Jose T. Garcia, Antonio Salas, Leonard James DeLaGarza, Pablo DeLeon, Naul Rodriguez. Visitation will be held September 11, 2019 at Heavens Gate Funeral Home from 12 noon to 7pm with a Rosary recited at 7pm. Services will be held at Our Lady of Sorrows on September 12, 2019 at 1pm with burial to follow at Resurrection Cemetery. Under the direction of Heavens Gate Funeral Home, 361-573-2777.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Victoria among fastest growing areas for virus cases, analysis says
- City responds to Governor Abbott’s orders, closes splash pads, basketball courts in city parks
- Cases surge in the Crossroads, but two counties are the exception
- New West offensive coordinator eager to get started
- Victoria officials confirms 206 new cases of COVID-19
- 86-year-old Port Lavaca man tows kayaker back to safety
- Rockport Beach to close for Fourth of July weekend
- Can you wear a face covering while carrying a gun?
- Crossroads game wardens will enforce boating laws this July 4 weekend
- 'All in this together': Local officials react to Gov. Abbott's statewide mask order