Joyce Dawn Porterfield Baugh
REFUGIO — Joyce Dawn Porterfield Baugh, 83, passed away peacefully in The Woodlands, Texas on February 20, 2021, surrounded by family. Joyce was born on August 24, 1937 in Gladewater, Texas to Tice and Janavee Porterfield. Joyce is preceded in death by her husband, James Baugh Sr., her parents, and brothers Billy Mac Porterfield and Bobby Porterfield. She is survived by her three children, James (Sharon) Baugh, Jr., William (Patty) Baugh of Woodsboro, TX and Janna (Steve) Barnhart of Houston, Texas. She also leaves behind 9 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren, her crown jewels. Joyce loved being called Grama by both friends and family. She was a homemaker, known for her amazing pies and delicious chicken fried steak dinners. She loved family holidays and spent a great amount of time decorating and preparing for each. Her favorite hobbies included fishing, gardening, and spending time with her family. She will be remembered for her big smile and contagious laughter. Visitation will be held at Moore Funeral Home in Refugio, Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 4pm- 8pm Graveside services will be Thursday, February 25 at 1:00 pm at La Rosa Cemetery in Woodsboro, Texas where she will be laid to rest. Services entrusted to Moore Funeral Home, 402 South Alamo Street; Refugio, Texas 78377 (361)526-4334
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- 2021 Queen Victoria court is chosen
- Sunday at the livestock show draws high emotions
- Contestants sparkle under the lights in Queen Victoria Pageant
- 2 arrested in Goliad County on human smuggling charges after traffic stop for no lights
- Port of Victoria rail expansion will boost region’s economy
- 2 deaths,53 cases reported in 9-county region
- Q: Will the current Mission Valley and Stroman campuses be torn down?
- Victoria council to discuss strengthening fire station
- School Matters: What's the big deal about CTE?
- UHV faculty member’s COVID-19 research recognized by World Health Organization