Juanita “Janie” Castro
VICTORIA — Juanita “Janie” Castro 84 of Victoria, Texas passed away on 4/24/2021. Janie was born June 29, 1936 to the late Catarino and Encarnacion Flores. She is survived by her loving husband of 66 years, Nick Castro of Victoria, Tx. Daughter, Cindy Marody of Victoria, Tx., sons Randy Castro, Rene Castro, and Waldo Castro. Janie also leaves behind her nine loving grandchildren. Janie is preceded in death by her parents, two sons, Daniel, and Nick Castro III. The family would like to send a special thanks to Harbor Hospice. BJ and Raquel were a blessing to the family. A memorial mass will be held May 5, 2021 with a rosary being recited at 9:30a.m. and mass to follow at 10a.m. at Holy Family Catholic Church in Victoria, Texas. The rosary and mass will also be streamed live on the Holy Family Facebook page. www.facebook.com/holyfamilychurchvictoria Under the guidance and direction of Angel Lucy’s Funeral Home Victoria, Texas.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Seadrit environmental activist arrested at dredging protest, ends month-long hunger strike
- 4th-generation Victoria native enters District 3 City Council race
- Refugio rallies late to force Game 3
- Police: No arrests made in short Victoria pursuit of stolen vehicle
- Victoria's recycling program sees an increase in contamination rates in April
- First inning offense powers Warriors to Game 1 victory
- Hallettsville earns series sweep against Industrial
- Blotter: Electronics reported stolen from Victoria home
- Charles Placker: We will rise with Christ
- 72 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported in 9-county region