JUANITA ZARATE GARCIA BLOOMINGTON - Juanita Zarate Garcia, age 91, of Bloomington, passed away on June 7, 2019. She was born on March 4, 1928 in Mathis, Texas to the late Vicente Sarate and Josefa Sarate. She is survived by her daughters; Gloria Galvan of Bloomington, Juanita Velma Cantu (Javier) of Angleton, Elizarda Alicia Garcia of Bloomington, Josie Lara (Fabian) of Angleton, Guadalupe Smalley of Pearland, sons; Vicente Garcia Jr. (Sophie) of Victoria, Clemente Garcia (Maria) of Alvin, Antonio "Tony" Garcia (Rosemary) of Victoria, Penny Garcia (Cecilia) of Alvin, Alfred Garcia of Austin, Sylvester Garcia (Monica) of Port Lavaca, Edward Garcia (Melanie) of Bloomington, 39 grandchildren, 63 great grandchildren and 28 great-great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her parents; her husband; Vicente R. Garcia Sr., daughter; Yolanda Garcia, son; Juan Jesus Garcia, brothers; Jose Sarate, Alfredo Sarate and son in law; Robert Galvan Sr. Visitation will begin on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 5pm to 9pm with a Rosary to be recited at 7pm at Angel Lucy's Funeral Home. Visitation will continue from 9am with a Funeral Mass to be celebrated at 10am at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Bloomington. Burial to follow at San Jose cemetery in Bloomington, Texas Pallbearers will be her sons; Clemente Garcia, Antonio "Tony" Garcia, Penny Garcia, Joe Alfred Garcia, Sylvester Garcia and Edward Garcia Honorary Pallbearer will be her son Vicente Garcia Jr. Under the direction of Angel Lucy's Funeral Home in Victoria, Texas 361-575-5212.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Goliad shooting
- Blotter: Girl, 16, charged with marijuana possession
- 'What can we do now?' Southside group plans for neighborhood's future
- Investigator: Convicted former constable harassed man with revenge porn
- Mumphords carry on cooking traditions at 115th family reunion
- Hallettsville's Trlicek catches on with Houston
- 6 arrested on suspicion of drug-related charges
- Marriage licenses May 31 - June 6
- Top graduates have big plans for the future
- After renewable energy tax credit survives legislative session, companies look to locate in Crossroads
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!