VICTORIA — Laura Brandt, 59, of Victoria, Texas, passed away unexpectedly in her home on Saturday September 18th,2021. Laura was born July 19th, 1962 in Yorktown, Texas. Laura retired in 2016 from Texas Health and Human Services Commission in Victoria, after 24 years of service to the people of Texas. She is survived by her daughter, Jennifer Pena, three sons, Gregory, David, and James Pena all of Victoria, Texas. Two grand daughters and two grand sons, and a sister , Donna Lassmann of Bryan, Texas; also several nieces, nephews, and cousins. Laura was preceded in death by her parents, Alonzo and Gladys Brandt of Nordheim, Texas, and two sisters, Jody Tanner of Victoria, Texas and Sandy Estes of Yuma, Arizona. Laura will be remembered fondly by her co-workers and greatly missed by her family.
A celebration of life will be held Thursday, October 14th from 6 P.M. until 9 P.M. at the Victoria Women’s Clubhouse at 1408 N. Moody St, Victoria, Texas.
- 3 die in Bloomington train accident
- 361 area code becomes required dialing
- DeWitt County sheriff remains hospitalized after being burned
- Blotter: Kingsville man arrested on suspicion of smuggling
- Area teams rise, fall in state football rankings
- Victoria firefighter arrested on felony fraud, theft charges
- Shiner girls, Industrial's Simons win gold at regionals
- 16 new COVID-19 cases reported in Crossroads
- City of Victoria wants to create a Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone. Here's everything you need to know.
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports