LONNIE ROBERT BUERGER GOLIAD - It is with great sadness that the family of Lonnie Robert Buerger announces his passing on September 9, 2019 at the age of 70 years. Lonnie was born to parents Walter and Virginia Buerger on February 22, 1949 in Gorman, Texas. Lonnie graduated from Levelland High School in Levelland, Texas. He enlisted in the United States Army from 1969 to 1975 and served with the Army's Air Defense 4th Battalion 44th Artillery during the Vietnam War. Lonnie was a stalwart Christian and member of Crossroads Deaf Fellowship Church in Goliad, Texas. A lover of family, gardening and all things outdoors. A strong and patient man, never one to pass judgement and always quick to help whenever someone was in need. A loving brother, husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather and friend to everyone. Lonnie will be lovingly remembered by his wife of 44 years Esther and their children Elizabeth Wood, Lonnie Buerger II and Christina Senf. Lonnie will also be fondly remembered by his sisters Enola Tullis, Marsha Gray and Betty Agan, brothers Richard Buerger and Tommy Buerger along with 8 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren, many nieces, nephews and extended family. Keeping with Lonnie's giving spirit, his remains will be donated to a Medical University in lieu of a funeral.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Fifth-generation rancher earns national award
- Victoria City Council approves final vote on homeless ordinance
- Goliad County grand jury returns murder indictments for 2 accused of fatal shooting
- Shot Inez man identified; investigation continues
- UPDATE: Imelda brings heavy rain to Texas Coast
- Blotter: Man arrested on warrants, suspected of lying about identity
- Repaired Victoria home damaged by fire
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports
- Blotter: Victoria man arrested on 4 charges of stalking
- Hallettsville overcomes Edna in 5 sets