MARY C. KAHLICH CUERO - Mary Corinne Kahlich of Cuero, was born to Corinne and Dave Kauffman on January 11, 1944 and joined her Heavenly Father on December 10, 2019 at the age of 75. She was a loving wife to Alan for 55 years and devoted her life to her family and community. She impacted the lives of children as a teacher for 33 years and was a lifetime member of TSTA. Mary also served as a member of the CISD Education Foundation, director of Cuero Turkeyfest Association, and secretary for the DeWitt County Wildflower Club. She was a member of St. Michael's Catholic Church in Cuero. In her spare time, you could find Mary, better known by those who knew and loved her as Mary C., reading the current "best seller" or working crossword puzzles. She loved the sun, sand, and surf and enjoyed vacationing along coastlines or aboard tropical cruises. I guess you could say Mary C. wanted all of her memories to truly warm her heart, other than the wonderful trips to Minnesota racing turkeys for Turkeyfest. Mary C. is survived by her husband Alan Kay; daughter, Lisa Bissell (son-in-law Bob); grandchildren, Sarah and Patrick; son, David (daughter-in-law Amber); grandson, Logan; and sisters, Emmy Ferguson (Gary) and Katherine Fischer (Dan). Visitation will be held at Freund Funeral Home on Sunday, December 15, 4:00pm - 6:00pm. The funeral services will be held at St. Michael's Catholic Church in Cuero on Monday, December 16 at 10:00am. Interment will follow at Hillside Cemetery. Pallbearers are Logan Kahlich, Patrick Bissell, Trevor Benavides, Kenneth Peters, Jerry Boehm, and Charles Papacek. Honorary Pallbearers include Sarah Bissell and Wesley Dixon. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in honor of Mary C. to the Boys and Girls Club, St. Michael's Catholic School of Cuero, the Turkeyfest Scholarship Program, and Pet Adoptions of Cuero. You may sign the guestbook or send condolences at www.freunduneralhome.com. Freund Funeral Home, 361.275.2343.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Victoria County may become a Second Amendment sanctuary county
- Neon lights stop shining at Victoria's only laser tag venue
- Victoria’s homeless population catches attention of national news broadcast
- New paddling business offers rentals on Guadalupe River
- This little piggy went to town; VPD responds to loose pig in neighborhood
- In Good Company: UHV hires new employees
- State finds evidence of UCC Seadrift discharging plastics into Victoria Barge Canal
- Victoria Comic Fest returns to Community Center
- For Victoria mom, losing vehicle makes daily routines a safety risk (w/ video)
- Bloomington school district lacks documentation of Hurricane Harvey spending