Mary Louise Garcia
VICTORIA — Mary Louise Garcia, 84, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2021. Mary Louise was born January 15, 1936 in Victoria to the late Maria Dolores Martinez Camacho and Santos Camacho. She was an active member of her beloved Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church and served for many years as a Lector, Eucharistic Minister and a founding member of the Catholic Daughters of America, Court Our Lady of Sorrows.
She lived her life as a dedicated nurse, which suited her kind heart and her desire to help anyone who needed her, always praying numerous rosaries for everyone she knew.
Mary Louise was the loving and caring mother of Cynthia Garcia (David) of Victoria; sister to, Mary Rosario McLemee of Terrell, Tx; Martha Camacho Aguirre of Katy, Tx, and Gilbert Camacho, of Westbrook Ill,. She was Grandmother to Lisa Salas (Hector), Stephanie Medina, (Lawrence Cortez) and Mark E. Alvarez (Kim). Great grandmother to, Sara Medina, Ashley Medina, Lauren Cortez, Ivan Salas, Isaac Salas, Zac Alvarez, Riley Alvarez, Blake Alvarez and Great-Great Grandmother to, Ava Mae. She loved each one of us with all of her heart.
She is preceded in death by her parents, sister, Alice Monroe, brothers, Tom, Santos Jr., John Camacho, and husband, Fidel Garcia.
Please join us, if you are able to. Visitation on Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 5-7 PM at Rosewood Funeral Chapel.
A rosary will be recited Friday, January 15, 2021 at 8:15 AM at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church followed by a Funeral Mass at 9 AM. Burial will immediately follow at Resurrection Cemetery.
Pallbearers are David Garcia, Mark E. Alvarez, Hector Salas, Ivan Salas, Isaac Salas, and Lawrence Cortez.
Special gratitude to Dr. Mehran Nezhad, Angelita S. Garcia, for her unending support, Bethany Senior Living staff, and Memorial Medical Center staff.
Words of comfort may be shared at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Mass coronavirus vaccine clinic planned in Victoria
- VISD announces retirement for assistant superintendents and principal
- All vaccine appointments in Victoria County filled as of 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Major Texas oil and gas companies finalize acquisition
- Cuero woman dies in 1-car wreck on US 87
- Sign-up details for 1,000 doses at the Victoria health department to be released this week
- Victoria police investigating aggravated assault case involving two family members
- Electrophysiologist now seeing patients in Victoria
- Blotter: Bay City resident crashes in canal after high-speed chase
- VISD high schools reopen after 2-month closure