MICHAEL DAVIS SMITH AUSTIN - Michael Davis Smith, 68, died at his home in Austin, Texas, on July 18, 2020. He was the son of Evelyn Davis Smith and Munson Smith, formerly from Victoria, Texas, now residing in Rockport, Texas. Michael attended school in Victoria and graduated from Victoria High School in 1968. He then entered the University of Texas in Austin and graduated in 1972. His love of Austin kept him there where he lived from his completion of college until his death. Michael loved dogs and was an avid bird hunter. He received numerous awards in competitive sporting events. Michael is survived by his parents, his sister, Marcia Smith Frew (John) of Bainbridge Island, Washington, and his nieces, Lindsey Dalton Frew of Los Angeles, California, and Shelby Munson Frew, also of Bainbridge Island, Washington. Private Interment services are planned.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- After 7 years, missing Goliad man's remains found in Mesa Verde National Park
- Motorcycle driver in serious condition after crash on North Main Street
- Historic country store serves up classics in Morales
- Fresh coastal fare awaits diners at Pinchers
- Cuero stays on right track with win over Uvalde
- 20 years of food for the whole family at Double J Eatery
- Victoria County remains above threshold for 75% reopening
- Letter from the managing editor
- Area crops yield well across Crossroads
- Third generation of family keeps hardware store current