Ronald Pete Ortiz
VICTORIA — Ronald (Ron) Pete Ortiz was called home on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at the age of 57. He was born August 10, 1963 in Beeville, TX to the late Pedro G. Ortiz, Jr. and Francisca Gutierrez Ortiz. He was a loving husband, father, and grandfather, and a brother who will be dearly missed by his loved ones.
Ronald is survived by his wife of 35 years San Juanita Soliz Ortiz, his son Lucas (Melanie) Aguilar, his daughters Stacy (Phillip) Valadez, Janel (Tony) Velasquez, and Vanessa (Brian) Delgado; his brothers Edward (Patsy) Ortiz and Michael Ortiz; sister Cyndi (Keith Handly) Ortiz; and 13 grandchildren - Phillip Valadez II, Johnathan Calzada-Valadez, Isaiah Valadez, Joshua Delgado, Laden Aguilar, Annaliessa Delgado, Lana Aguilar, Anthony Velasquez, Jr., Jacob Delgado, Aaron Velasquez, Noe Aguilar, Adriel Velasquez, and Mia Velasquez.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Serving as pallbearers are Johnathan and Isaiah Valadez, Joshua and Annaliessa Delgado, Anthony Velasquez, and Laden Aguilar.
Honorary pallbearers are Lana Aguilar, Jacob Delgado, and Mia, Aaron, and Adriel Velasquez.
A visitation for family and friends will be held on Monday, November 23, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Grace Memorial Chapel, 8819 US Hwy 87N, Victoria. Funeral service will be Tuesday, November 24, 2020 beginning at 2:00 p.m. at Grace Memorial Chapel. Interment to follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery. To leave a comforting message, or to share a fond memory, please visit www.gracefuneralhome.net.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- TDCJ employee charged with having sex with supervised person
- Refugio's Parson determined to make mother proud
- Police arrest man in Victoria shooting case
- Dual threat QB Bures-Guerrero leading Ganado offense
- COVID-19 patients occupying 14.5 percent of Crossroads' hospital beds; 2 deaths reported in region
- Homecoming: Wounded veteran moves into Victoria County home, just in time for Thanksgiving
- Don't want to cook that turkey? Here is list of restaurants open
- Victoria crash sends two to hospital with minor injuries
- Ruth Williams leaves legacy of beautiful music, passionate instruction
- VISD high schools transition to remote learning