Roy N. Garcia
VICTORIA — Rogelio N. “Roy” Garcia went to be with the Lord September 3, 2020 at the age of 73. He was born in Victoria March 1, 1947 to the late Victor and Isabel Najar Garcia.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother Victor M. Garcia.
He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Ofelia Garcia; sons Troy Garcia and Greg (Wendy) Garcia; sister Virginia G. (Tim) Venzke; brothers Henry (Antoinette) Garcia and Rudy Garcia; grandchildren Erin Hughes, Caleb Hughes, Emily Hughes, and Shelby Hughes and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
Roy was a loving husband, father, brother and grandfather. He loved spending time with his family and teaching his grandchildren about farm life. He also enjoyed barbequing and loved boxing.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to American Diabetes Association or Golden Crescent Food Bank.
Private family services will be held at a later date.
Thoughts and memories may be shared online at www.gracefuneralhome.net. Arrangements and services under the personal care of Grace Funeral Homes & Cemeteries.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Constitutionality of election still in question
- Police: Woman hit by vehicle while crossing Victoria street, driver left scene
- Longtime coach Husmann leaves impressive legacy
- El Campo couple gives firsthand account of events at Capitol (w/ video)
- Driver killed in single-vehicle highway crash in Refugio County
- Blotter: Victoria man arrested on warrants charging him with sexual indecency with a child
- Alternate metric to unemployment indicates other class of workers in need of job
- Victoria resident back in baseball after half century
- Pharr woman killed in two-vehicle Refugio County highway crash
- 3,175 COVID-19 vaccines going to Victoria, Jackson, Wharton and Matagorda counties