SOPHIA E.M. HEATH VICTORIA - Sophia Heath laid down for a nap Saturday afternoon 6/8/2019 and Awoke surrounded by Angels in her loving husband's arms. She was 95 years old. She married Dwight Heath in 1944 in Indiana. She was a registered nurse before her children were born, and very active in various Clubs in Victoria after moving here with her family in 1962. She and Dwight enjoyed Square Dancing and loved travel. She is survived by 3 sons, Michael P. Heath (Gloria), Stevens R. Heath (Susan), Dwight Mayo Heath, 4 Grandchildren, Sean P. Heath, Samantha A. Schulte, Valeria Bongard and Sara Wiest. As well as 5 Great Grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband Dwight P. Heath, her parents, 1 brother and 1 sister. One Grandson Josh Daniels, and one daughter in law Debra Ellis Heath. A memorial service will be held at 1 pm. June 22, 2019 at Grace Presbyterian Church on Ben Jordan Victoria Texas. In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to your favorite charity or Grace Presbyterian Church in Victoria. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at rosewoodfuneralchapel.com
- Calhoun County officials gather on storage business property
- Woman identified, arrested in Monday's stabbing incident
- Fatal Goliad shooting investigation still in early stages
- Harbor Hospice helps Victoria couple celebrate love they never thought they would find (w/video)
- John Jefferson: Lightning strikes twice
- Police seek information after stolen truck driven through building
- Woman still in critical condition after fatal Goliad shooting
- Bink Grimes: Calm winds allow surf to green
- Financial burden of cancer treatment adds to strain of diagnosis for Victoria patients
- Victoria County expects to demolish 30 homes in buyout program
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!