Bingo resumed at the Knights of Columbus Hall April 7 after being shuttered since Dec. 2 because of the pandemic, and longtime players found their passion and their friends again.
The federal government is handing the city of Victoria and Victoria County millions of dollars to help recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the weeklong freeze in February, Nasir Kureshy, the owner of Turtle Creek Aquaculture in Palacios, has been busy cleaning out the tens of thousands of redfish that died in his ponds, applying for disaster loans and pleading along with other farmers for relief.
Some Crossroads residents still are working to recover after the February freeze that left countless homeowners with burst pipes and no water.
For years residents of Port Alto have enjoyed the quiet life while having a clear view of Caranahua Bay. They have also enjoyed using the bay for recreation.
Children and other Victoria residents — in all parts of Victoria — need pristine parks with ample amenities where they can go to play and exercise, and experience the natural world.
Victoria stands to lose tens of millions of dollars if the federal rule changes stripping the county of its metropolitan statistical area designation are approved.
When Texas’ electrical grid became overwhelmed on Feb. 15, leaving tens of thousands of people in and around Victoria without power and even more without reliable drinking water, Glen Dry was ready to go.
Students who choose a career and technical education path while in high school set themselves up for success well before walking the stage at their high school graduation.
Awww, Valentine’s Day, where everyone’s thoughts turn to the love they feel for their significant other. They work hard to make the day special to tell one another how they feel, to do good deeds and shower one another with gifts to say “I love you” or “I am thinking of you.”
Get your cookies! The Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas are learning all kinds of lessons while satisfying the collective sweet tooth in the Crossroads.
- Family says landowner damaged historic cemetery
- Solar plant gets go-ahead from Refugio County officials
- After widespread opposition in Winslett, Zinc Resources proposes hazardous waste facility in Victoria
- Blotter: Rio Grande City man arrested on money laundering charge
- DeWitt County emergency management coordinator fired
- Titans' offensive struggles continue against Bluff
- Knights of Columbus to host barbecue in Victoria
- Here's what you need to know about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the Crossroads
- Child in critical condition after crash, driver had DWIs
- Kolkhorst's bill requiring a paper trail for all elections systems passes unanimously