The following editorial published in the Houston Chronicle on Aug. 4:
The audacity of commissioners to presume they could dictate to another elected board how to conduct its business is beyond absurd.
What has never wavered is our commitment to our community and to our readers. We’re from here, and we’re for here. Always.
Despite national and state GOP moves to boost mental health funding following the Uvalde massacre, Victoria County cut money from a group dedicated to mental health care for all — from minorities and marginalized communities to average, middle-class residents.
The needs of women in crisis can be complex. They often require health care, a safe environment, mental health support, education, as well as practical items such as car seats, clothing, diapers and more.
Rather than trying to cull the pool of voters, Texas should embrace and welcome more people of all shapes, sizes and colors to the polls, as long as they are legally allowed to vote.
The following editorial published on June 24 in the Wall Street Journal:
“The day will be most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival…It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade…bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the ot…
"In order for Victoria to be a vibrant and thriving city, all of its neighborhoods must prosper," say Victoria Assistant City Manager Mike Etienne and Development Servives Director Julie Fulgham. "We don’t want to leave any neighborhood behind."
We're not saying the community should be shut down again, and we are not saying everyone has to wear a mask indoors. But getting our shots will help us stay in this new normal.
- 'Someone is as sick as their secrets': Victims' parents address abuser after 52-year sentence imposed
- Energy company proposes $5.6B oil refinery in Bloomington
- UPDATE: Mumphord sentenced to 52 years in prison for child sex abuse
- Hallettsville resale shop offers more than just used clothes
- Thefts reported in Victoria
- El Campo secondary hopes to progress quickly
- MMA comes to Victoria with knockout event
- Proposed Bloomington oil refinery shares production plans
- Bat photograph swept in to take Best of Show in Victoria Photography Club contest
- Former Victoria Advocate editor leaves lasting legacy