At 3:13 a.m. Monday, Victoria Fire Department got a call about a burning house in Mission Valley.
The beautiful, old Nazareth Convent sold to St. Mary’s Catholic Church late last year, which continues a long relationship steeped in religious history and culture.
In the spring, Congress was quick to approve an economic stimulus bill that would give all Americans $1,200 each, depending on their income, and made billions of dollars available to help businesses survive.
On Sept. 21, 1897, in New York City, The Sun ran an editorial in answer to a letter from 8-year-old Virginia O’Hanlon. The writer who penned this immortal piece was veteran newsman Francis Pharcellus Church. It has since become the most reprinted newspaper editorial in history. Here, at the …
Last week, Meridith Byrd, director of community engagement for the Food Bank of the Golden Crescent, and volunteers collected 4,000 pounds of fresh fruit from trees belonging to local families. The week before that, they collected almost 1,000 pounds.
This year has been difficult, but the city of Victoria and Victoria Ballet Theatre, as well as other nonprofit and arts organizations around town in need of creative fundraising, have made the most of the Christmas season by thinking outside of the box.
Soon the Victoria school board is expected to propose a bond package that will, if approved by voters, make improvements to many of the district’s campuses.
While the Gabriel Project of the Crossroads, an ecumenical Christian nonprofit, provides young expectant mothers in crisis with emotional, spiritual, material and educational support, a safe place for some of them to stay is much needed.
It’s no question that as the COVID-19 pandemic wears on, many families each day are wondering where their next meal will come from.
More than seven months have passed since Victoria’s only soup kitchen closed its dining room and started a to-go operation in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Victoria Symphony Society presented the Victoria Duck Safari fundraiser last Saturday. In the process, the society helped 26 other nonprofit organizations and united the community.
During a time when our circumstances have made it harder to feel connected with one another, St. Joseph High School has fashioned a unique way for their students to foster connection through a brand-new storytelling class.
- Dowell named Van Vleck AD/ head football coach
- Blotter: Two arrested, charged with drug possession in Goliad County
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent to pause operations after COVID-19 infections
- COVID-19 hospitalization rate stays steady at 18.7%
- Victoria students return to stage for pandemic performance
- Fire marshal: Faulty wiring caused Bloomington fire
- DPS: Lavaca County deputy failed to yield in fatal December motorcycle crash
- Blotter: Deputies looking for 4 people who burglarized Victoria County business; steal lawn mower, other items (Video)
- Rep. Cloud issues statement on impeachment
- Letter: Representative Cloud should explain why he did not wear a mask